Budleigh braces itself for festival
CHILDREN from Drake s Primary School have been busy making scarecrows. A school spokesperson said pupils had been making a number of human-like figurines to enter into the East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival on Saturday. The children s work can be displayed
CHILDREN from Drake's Primary School have been busy making scarecrows.
A school spokesperson said pupils had been making a number of human-like figurines to enter into the East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival on Saturday.
The children's work can be displayed in the playground between 9am and 4pm on the day.
People will be given voting slips to pick the best scarecrow from each year-group. There is no admission charge but the spokesperson said donations to the school's Parent Teacher Friends Association would be gratefully received.
You may also want to watch:
The village's festival returns after a successful similar event last year when there was burglar, mechanic and flowerpot scarecrows.
Cream teas will be available from the village hall from 2pm as well as a sale of cakes, plants and books.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 6 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh