Budleigh braces itself for festival
CHILDREN from Drake s Primary School have been busy making scarecrows. A school spokesperson said pupils had been making a number of human-like figurines to enter into the East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival on Saturday. The children s work can be displayed
CHILDREN from Drake's Primary School have been busy making scarecrows.
A school spokesperson said pupils had been making a number of human-like figurines to enter into the East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival on Saturday.
The children's work can be displayed in the playground between 9am and 4pm on the day.
People will be given voting slips to pick the best scarecrow from each year-group. There is no admission charge but the spokesperson said donations to the school's Parent Teacher Friends Association would be gratefully received.
You may also want to watch:
The village's festival returns after a successful similar event last year when there was burglar, mechanic and flowerpot scarecrows.
Cream teas will be available from the village hall from 2pm as well as a sale of cakes, plants and books.
- 1 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 2 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 3 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 6 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 7 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 8 Black belt grading success for Lympstone and Exmouth Karate students
- 9 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 10 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced