Broadway show comes to Budleigh
A MUSICAL production which featured on Broadway and has been made into a film is coming to Budleigh Salterton. For their annual summer show, Imperial College Operatic Society will perform Sweet Charity in the Public Hall, Station Road, between Wednesday,
A MUSICAL production which featured on Broadway and has been made into a film is coming to Budleigh Salterton.
For their annual summer show, Imperial College Operatic Society will perform Sweet Charity in the Public Hall, Station Road, between Wednesday, 29 July and Saturday, August 8.
The production is based on a screenplay by Federico Fellini, Tullio Pinelli and Ennio Flaiano. Produced for Broadway, it was originally conceived, staged and choreographed by Bob Fosse.
The operatic society will perform all the hits from the show including 'Big spender', 'Rhythm of life', 'If my friends could see me now' and 'Baby dream your dream'.
You may also want to watch:
The production opened on Broadway in 1966 with a film being produced by Bob Fosse in 1969.
Tickets are priced at �9, with the matinee showing priced �6, and available from Budleigh Salterton Tourist Information Centre.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 7 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
- 8 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 9 Dickens classic on course for Pavilion show this winter
- 10 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year
To book, or for more details, contact 01395 445272. You can also find out more information by visiting the following website at: www.icostour.co.uk