Brixington youngsters learn about different cultures
YOUNGSTERS at Brixington Primary School have been learning about life in different countries.
Children from nursery and S2, foundation level, have been taking part in special storytelling sessions about other cultures.
Lara Stead, assistant head teacher, said: “We’ve been having a lady coming into the school from Calabash to do the storytelling.
“We wanted the children to experience some traditional stories from around the world. They have been learning about India, Poland and China.”
Ms Stead said the children got involved in drama and dressing-up activities after the sessions to support the stories.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are going to follow up all things this term. We are also going to look at our own traditional British tales, so that children have an awareness of their own community as well as at a global level.”
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 9 Sound move to join singing group
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall