Brixington men tackle breakfast challenge
A group from Brixington Community Church attempted to break a world record by taking part in the biggest breakfast challenge.
BRIXINGTON Community Church recently took part in a world record attempt to hold the biggest breakfast.
The Baptist church, in Churchill Road, joined forces with more than 16000 men from across the UK, Canada, USA, Africa and Europe who tucked into a fry up on the same day in aid of the Baptist Men’s Movement.
Reverend Simon Atkinson said: “It’s good to gather so many men together to share food and good fellowship, whilst trying to break the world record.”
It is thought 1300 men from the UK were estimated to have taken part this year - 33 were from Brixington Community Church.
You may also want to watch:
Breakfast was followed by a short talk by Reverend Atkinson.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 5 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 8 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 9 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan