Brixington head teacher leaves for pastures new
MORE than 100 parents, teachers, Governors and members of the community turned out to give Brixington Primary School s head teacher Eric Howard a surprise send off this week.
MORE than 100 parents, teachers, Governors and members of the community turned out to give Brixington Primary School's head teacher Eric Howard a surprise send off this week.
Eric Howard head teacher of Brixington Primary school for the last two years, and before that head teacher at Marpool Primary School from 1984, is moving onto pastures new.
He is continuing his work in education in the region and will use his experience as a School Improvement Partner for 14 schools and colleges in Somerset.
As a School Improvement Partner he will provide expert support to schools in their drive to raise standards and improve the education of all pupils.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Brixington School Association, including teachers, staff, parents, civic leaders and members of the local community and Brixington's churches gave him flowers and photography gifts - one of Mr Howard's interests.
He said: "I have enjoyed working in Exmouth - it's been a real privilege."
- 1 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 2 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 3 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 4 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 9 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?