Brixington head teacher leaves for pastures new
MORE than 100 parents, teachers, Governors and members of the community turned out to give Brixington Primary School s head teacher Eric Howard a surprise send off this week.
MORE than 100 parents, teachers, Governors and members of the community turned out to give Brixington Primary School's head teacher Eric Howard a surprise send off this week.
Eric Howard head teacher of Brixington Primary school for the last two years, and before that head teacher at Marpool Primary School from 1984, is moving onto pastures new.
He is continuing his work in education in the region and will use his experience as a School Improvement Partner for 14 schools and colleges in Somerset.
As a School Improvement Partner he will provide expert support to schools in their drive to raise standards and improve the education of all pupils.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Brixington School Association, including teachers, staff, parents, civic leaders and members of the local community and Brixington's churches gave him flowers and photography gifts - one of Mr Howard's interests.
He said: "I have enjoyed working in Exmouth - it's been a real privilege."
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!