Brixington head teacher leaves for pastures new
MORE than 100 parents, teachers, Governors and members of the community turned out to give Brixington Primary School s head teacher Eric Howard a surprise send off this week.
MORE than 100 parents, teachers, Governors and members of the community turned out to give Brixington Primary School's head teacher Eric Howard a surprise send off this week.
Eric Howard head teacher of Brixington Primary school for the last two years, and before that head teacher at Marpool Primary School from 1984, is moving onto pastures new.
He is continuing his work in education in the region and will use his experience as a School Improvement Partner for 14 schools and colleges in Somerset.
As a School Improvement Partner he will provide expert support to schools in their drive to raise standards and improve the education of all pupils.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Brixington School Association, including teachers, staff, parents, civic leaders and members of the local community and Brixington's churches gave him flowers and photography gifts - one of Mr Howard's interests.
He said: "I have enjoyed working in Exmouth - it's been a real privilege."
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 7 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 8 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 9 Repair cafe opens again
- 10 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits