Brixington head retires after 18 years
THE popular head teacher of Bassett s Farm Primary School, Christine Jones, retired this week after nearly two decades at the school.
THE popular head teacher of Bassett's Farm Primary School, Christine Jones, retired this week after nearly two decades at the school.
Mrs Jones had worked as head teacher at the school for 18 years and previously to that she was deputy head of Willowbank Primary School in Cullompton for six years.
She said: "I have enjoyed it immensely- in fact I have enjoyed it so much I could have retired last year, but chose to stay on for one more year."
Christine had a retirement party with staff, parents and Governors last Friday and previously had a farewell picnic with pupils and said she also expects a send off from pupils in the assembly on the last day of term tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm' going to miss all the staff, teacher's parents and pupils and it's going to be a big wrench to leave, but it is time to stop.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 6 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 7 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 8 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer