Brixington head retires after 18 years
THE popular head teacher of Bassett s Farm Primary School, Christine Jones, retired this week after nearly two decades at the school.
THE popular head teacher of Bassett's Farm Primary School, Christine Jones, retired this week after nearly two decades at the school.
Mrs Jones had worked as head teacher at the school for 18 years and previously to that she was deputy head of Willowbank Primary School in Cullompton for six years.
She said: "I have enjoyed it immensely- in fact I have enjoyed it so much I could have retired last year, but chose to stay on for one more year."
Christine had a retirement party with staff, parents and Governors last Friday and previously had a farewell picnic with pupils and said she also expects a send off from pupils in the assembly on the last day of term tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm' going to miss all the staff, teacher's parents and pupils and it's going to be a big wrench to leave, but it is time to stop.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’