Brixington head retires after 18 years
THE popular head teacher of Bassett s Farm Primary School, Christine Jones, retired this week after nearly two decades at the school.
THE popular head teacher of Bassett's Farm Primary School, Christine Jones, retired this week after nearly two decades at the school.
Mrs Jones had worked as head teacher at the school for 18 years and previously to that she was deputy head of Willowbank Primary School in Cullompton for six years.
She said: "I have enjoyed it immensely- in fact I have enjoyed it so much I could have retired last year, but chose to stay on for one more year."
Christine had a retirement party with staff, parents and Governors last Friday and previously had a farewell picnic with pupils and said she also expects a send off from pupils in the assembly on the last day of term tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm' going to miss all the staff, teacher's parents and pupils and it's going to be a big wrench to leave, but it is time to stop.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city