Brixington car park resurfaced
A SHOPPING complex in Brixington has had its car park resurfaced after becoming besieged with potholes.
Staff from shops in the centre clubbed together to raise money for the work which was completed last week.
David Callard, owner of the Budgens shop, based near the car park, was the main campaigner keen for resurfacing to be carried out.
Mr Callard, 32, then organised for a firm called Devon Tarmacers to undertake the job.
He said: “It was long overdue. Everybody who works and shops up here knows how bad it has been.
You may also want to watch:
“Previously, it wasn’t a car-park – it was just one big crater.
“Customers are absolutely thrilled that it has been done. They are no longer worried about tripping up or damaging their cars.”
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 5 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police