Britain's Got Talent - rival event
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help with a Britain s Got Talent-style show which will take place in Budleigh Salterton s Gala Week next May. Kim Holmes, of Middle Street, East Budleigh, has helped organise a talent show.
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help with a Britain's Got Talent-style show which will take place in Budleigh Salterton's Gala Week next May.
Kim Holmes, of Middle Street, East Budleigh, has helped organise a talent show as part of the event, to raise funds for Children's Hospice South West.
The 51-year-old said it is a number of years since such a show was held and she wanted to reintroduce the feature.
She said: "I was watching Britain's Got Talent and thought, 'well - Budleigh has talent' and decided to try to reintroduce the show into gala week to demonstrate that."
Eager to replicate part of the look and atmosphere of the popular reality TV show, Kim said she would love to hear from people who had any experience in lighting and sound operations.
"The show is going to be for over 17-year-olds. I would like the audience to support acts, scream, and get involved. At the end of the day, though, it is about having fun."
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 3 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 4 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 5 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 6 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 7 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 8 Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir come to Topsham
- 9 Exeter College achieve 'amazing results' as students discover their higher education grades
- 10 Recycle collection boxes installed at Exmouth Specsavers
In terms of the chosen charity, Kim said: "I know some people who visited a Children's Hospice and said it was a wonderful facility. It's such a great cause to raise money for."
To help, call Kim on (01395) 446525.