Britain's Got Talent - rival event
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help with a Britain s Got Talent-style show which will take place in Budleigh Salterton s Gala Week next May. Kim Holmes, of Middle Street, East Budleigh, has helped organise a talent show.
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help with a Britain's Got Talent-style show which will take place in Budleigh Salterton's Gala Week next May.
Kim Holmes, of Middle Street, East Budleigh, has helped organise a talent show as part of the event, to raise funds for Children's Hospice South West.
The 51-year-old said it is a number of years since such a show was held and she wanted to reintroduce the feature.
She said: "I was watching Britain's Got Talent and thought, 'well - Budleigh has talent' and decided to try to reintroduce the show into gala week to demonstrate that."
You may also want to watch:
Eager to replicate part of the look and atmosphere of the popular reality TV show, Kim said she would love to hear from people who had any experience in lighting and sound operations.
"The show is going to be for over 17-year-olds. I would like the audience to support acts, scream, and get involved. At the end of the day, though, it is about having fun."
- 1 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 2 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 3 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 4 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 7 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 8 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 9 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 10 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
In terms of the chosen charity, Kim said: "I know some people who visited a Children's Hospice and said it was a wonderful facility. It's such a great cause to raise money for."
To help, call Kim on (01395) 446525.