Bring on the regeneration
I have just returned from a visit to my daughter in Burnham-on-Sea.
I have just returned from a visit to my daughter in Burnham-on-Sea. It's nowhere near as big as Exmouth - in fact, it is a good bit smaller.
Have they got one decent size supermarket? No, they have not. They have Tesco, Lidls and, five minutes away in Highbridge, an Asda store.
They now have also got a Morrisons, which was formerly Somerfield.
Come on East Devon, sort yourselves out and then perhaps we will have a decent choice in Exmouth. Having been here for nearly 29 years, I think not.
Where is this regeneration we keep hearing about?
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 3 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 4 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 5 New name and fresh look for Exmouth Museum
- 6 Have your say on business development plans near airport
- 7 Big Breakfast fundraiser starts Budleigh Gala Week
- 8 First hybrid meeting for Exmouth’s U3A branch
- 9 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 10 Police appeal for gun owners to hand them in during firearms amnesty