Bring on the regeneration
I have just returned from a visit to my daughter in Burnham-on-Sea.
I have just returned from a visit to my daughter in Burnham-on-Sea. It's nowhere near as big as Exmouth - in fact, it is a good bit smaller.
Have they got one decent size supermarket? No, they have not. They have Tesco, Lidls and, five minutes away in Highbridge, an Asda store.
They now have also got a Morrisons, which was formerly Somerfield.
Come on East Devon, sort yourselves out and then perhaps we will have a decent choice in Exmouth. Having been here for nearly 29 years, I think not.
You may also want to watch:
Where is this regeneration we keep hearing about?
- 1 Repair cafe opens again
- 2 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 3 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 6 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 9 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter