Brew Up raises charity funds
Withycombe people enjoyed a brew for charity at Withycombe Church Hall.
The ‘Big Brew Up’ was held as part of a national event to raise money for the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association.
Tea, coffee, squash and cakes were served, and a raffle was held.
Not only was the main event a success, but the stall was also reopened after the following day’s church service, at which point the remaining cakes and raffle tickets were sold.
An amount of �101 has been raised for the charity, which supports current and former service personnel.
You may also want to watch:
Father Robert Sellers said: “It was a very pleasant event. There are quite a lot of former and serving servicemen around here, so we thought it was the sort of thing we should be doing as they need all the support they can get.”
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Sound move to join singing group
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common