BREAKING NEWS: Funeral held for Kinikki
Family, friends and members of the RAF, attended the funeral of RAF aircraftman Kinikki Griffiths
THE funeral service of an aircraftman who was killed while on vehicle patrol in Afghanistan has taken place at Littleham Parish Church.
Kinikki Griffiths, of Colleton Way, was serving as part of the Camp Bastion Force Protection Wing from the Royal Air Force Regiment when he died in Helmand Province last month.
The service, held this afternoon, August 10, at a packed St Margaret and St Andrew church, was preceded by a RAF jet flyover. His coffin, draped in a union jack flag, was then carried inside by members of the RAF regiment.
There were a number of eulogies including a moving tribute from Kinikki’s father, Nik. He said: “His greatest gifts were his compassion, understanding and willingness to help others. He was our hero.”
You may also want to watch:
Kinikki died just a few weeks before his 21st birthday.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Sound move to join singing group
- 6 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition