Brave women complete walk in bras
THERE are not many people who could endure a 26 mile walk – and certainly not many women who would do this with their bras exposed. But, Elaine Murrin, 48, and her daughter 21-year-old daughter Rachael, of Southern Wood, Exmouth, completed both of these c
THERE are not many people who could endure a 26 mile walk - and certainly not many women who would do this with their bras exposed.
But, Elaine Murrin, 48, and her daughter 21-year-old daughter Rachael, of Southern Wood, Exmouth, completed both of these courageous challenges as part of a charity event held in London.
Wearing their decorated bras, they raised more than �1100 for breast cancer.
Elaine, who said 14,000 people took part in the walk, added: "It was a very big challenge.
"It was an emotional thing to do especially when you think that there were people there who have had chemotherapy."
Elaine, who took part in the walk with her friend, Carole Spalding, 50, and her daughter Joanna, explained: "There were a few times when we thought we weren't going to make it."
- 1 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 2 Lympstone Marine trainer halfway through THREE ultra marathon challenge
- 3 Exmouth business create leggings to raise funds for Hospiscare
- 4 Art exhibition celebrates Jurassic coastline
- 5 Budleigh vineyard wins gold at inaugural wine competition
- 6 Season-ticket purchase period extended at Exmouth Town
- 7 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 8 Hard yards on and off the pitch for Exmouth Town
- 9 Monty creates Jubilee figure for his last East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival
- 10 Budleigh Music Fest line-up announced
In terms of wearing decorated bras, she said: "It was cold! We had some laughs and there were lots of car horns beeping at us.