Brave women complete walk in bras
THERE are not many people who could endure a 26 mile walk – and certainly not many women who would do this with their bras exposed. But, Elaine Murrin, 48, and her daughter 21-year-old daughter Rachael, of Southern Wood, Exmouth, completed both of these c
THERE are not many people who could endure a 26 mile walk - and certainly not many women who would do this with their bras exposed.
But, Elaine Murrin, 48, and her daughter 21-year-old daughter Rachael, of Southern Wood, Exmouth, completed both of these courageous challenges as part of a charity event held in London.
Wearing their decorated bras, they raised more than �1100 for breast cancer.
Elaine, who said 14,000 people took part in the walk, added: "It was a very big challenge.
You may also want to watch:
"It was an emotional thing to do especially when you think that there were people there who have had chemotherapy."
Elaine, who took part in the walk with her friend, Carole Spalding, 50, and her daughter Joanna, explained: "There were a few times when we thought we weren't going to make it."
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
In terms of wearing decorated bras, she said: "It was cold! We had some laughs and there were lots of car horns beeping at us.