Brave women complete walk in bras
THERE are not many people who could endure a 26 mile walk – and certainly not many women who would do this with their bras exposed. But, Elaine Murrin, 48, and her daughter 21-year-old daughter Rachael, of Southern Wood, Exmouth, completed both of these c
THERE are not many people who could endure a 26 mile walk - and certainly not many women who would do this with their bras exposed.
But, Elaine Murrin, 48, and her daughter 21-year-old daughter Rachael, of Southern Wood, Exmouth, completed both of these courageous challenges as part of a charity event held in London.
Wearing their decorated bras, they raised more than �1100 for breast cancer.
Elaine, who said 14,000 people took part in the walk, added: "It was a very big challenge.
You may also want to watch:
"It was an emotional thing to do especially when you think that there were people there who have had chemotherapy."
Elaine, who took part in the walk with her friend, Carole Spalding, 50, and her daughter Joanna, explained: "There were a few times when we thought we weren't going to make it."
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
In terms of wearing decorated bras, she said: "It was cold! We had some laughs and there were lots of car horns beeping at us.