Brave women complete walk in bras
THERE are not many people who could endure a 26 mile walk – and certainly not many women who would do this with their bras exposed. But, Elaine Murrin, 48, and her daughter 21-year-old daughter Rachael, of Southern Wood, Exmouth, completed both of these c
THERE are not many people who could endure a 26 mile walk - and certainly not many women who would do this with their bras exposed.
But, Elaine Murrin, 48, and her daughter 21-year-old daughter Rachael, of Southern Wood, Exmouth, completed both of these courageous challenges as part of a charity event held in London.
Wearing their decorated bras, they raised more than �1100 for breast cancer.
Elaine, who said 14,000 people took part in the walk, added: "It was a very big challenge.
You may also want to watch:
"It was an emotional thing to do especially when you think that there were people there who have had chemotherapy."
Elaine, who took part in the walk with her friend, Carole Spalding, 50, and her daughter Joanna, explained: "There were a few times when we thought we weren't going to make it."
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 4 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 5 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 8 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 9 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
In terms of wearing decorated bras, she said: "It was cold! We had some laughs and there were lots of car horns beeping at us.