Brave women complete walk in bras
THERE are not many people who could endure a 26 mile walk – and certainly not many women who would do this with their bras exposed. But, Elaine Murrin, 48, and her daughter 21-year-old daughter Rachael, of Southern Wood, Exmouth, completed both of these c
THERE are not many people who could endure a 26 mile walk - and certainly not many women who would do this with their bras exposed.
But, Elaine Murrin, 48, and her daughter 21-year-old daughter Rachael, of Southern Wood, Exmouth, completed both of these courageous challenges as part of a charity event held in London.
Wearing their decorated bras, they raised more than �1100 for breast cancer.
Elaine, who said 14,000 people took part in the walk, added: "It was a very big challenge.
You may also want to watch:
"It was an emotional thing to do especially when you think that there were people there who have had chemotherapy."
Elaine, who took part in the walk with her friend, Carole Spalding, 50, and her daughter Joanna, explained: "There were a few times when we thought we weren't going to make it."
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 5 Repair cafe opens again
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
In terms of wearing decorated bras, she said: "It was cold! We had some laughs and there were lots of car horns beeping at us.