Exmouth resident shaves head in support of cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth resident has shaved her head in support of Macmillan Cancer.
Kirsty Thorn decided to ‘brave the shave’ after four people close to her were diagnosed with cancer since March of this year.
She was inspired by a close friend who has lost her hair following her second round of chemotherapy.
Kirsty was supported by people who came to watch at Manor Gardens in Exmouth on Wednesday, June 24, and said the support she has received from the Exmouth community was overwhelming.
‘Brave the Shave’ is a national campaign by Macmillan Cancer in which people across the country shave their heads to raise money. Since 2015, the campaign has raised more than £22.7 million which is the equivalent of three years’ pay for 140 nurses.
You may also want to watch:
Kirsty has surpassed her original goal of £500 in donations and is now at more than £2,000 with donations open until Sunday.
To donate, visit www.bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/kirsty-thorn.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 3 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 8 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 9 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 10 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on