Boxing Day fun run provides cash boost for Hospiscare
- Credit: Roger Staker
An annual Boxing Day fun run on Exmouth seafront has handed Hospiscare a vital funding boost.
The event attracted more than 350 runners of all ages - despite heavy rain - and raised £600 for the charity which cares for those who are living with a terminal illness.
The 2019 fun run has become an established Christmas holiday tradition.
It was especially poignant for the Rotary Club of Exmouth Raleigh, which organises the event, as it was dedicated to the memory of former president Stewart Long.
Current president Adrian Hewitt handed over a cheque for £600 to Rebecca Batfield and Jan Long, of Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the rotary club said: "The Rotary Club again wishes to thanks all those who took part and also those who came to support and donate making this day a success and fun on Boxing Day."
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh