Woman’s body found in Exmouth Marina area
- Credit: Archant
Police say a woman’s body has been found in the marina area of Exmouth. Formal identification has yet to take place
A woman’s body has been found in the water near the marina in Exmouth.
A formal identification has yet to take place but police say the matter is not currently being treated as suspicious.
The family of Irene McMullen, aged 54, who has been missing since Sunday (April 7) morning, have been informed.
Police and the National Police Air Service (NPAS) helicopter have been searching the marina area since reports of a car entering the water yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
NPAS confirmed that a coat was recovered from the River Exe on Monday morning.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson