Blue Peter presenter comes to Exmouth
A BLUE Peter presenter could be seen hurtling through the skies in Exmouth last week as he was shown how to kitesurf.
Andy Akinwolere, who helps presents the long-running BBC children’s show, was taught how to kitesurf by the sons of Steph and Eric Bridge, the owners of Edge Watersports.
Oliver, 12, Guy, 10, and Tom, nine, were asked to teach the 26-year-old after researchers for the programme spotted the trio in action on the video-sharing website, Youtube.
The brothers have recently returned from the European Junior Kitesurfing Championships in France and are in the middle of the British Kitesurfing Association National Tour.
Steph Bridge said: “The boys have great enthusiastic coaching tips and generated a superb relationship with Andy who was a natural student.”
You may also want to watch:
The film crew then followed Oliver, Guy and Tom to the second round of the British Kitesurf Champsionships in Norfolk.
Representing Great Britain in the youth and junior freestyle events, the boys went on to gain podium positions and were also awarded Blue Peter badges.
- 1 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 2 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Sound move to join singing group
- 9 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 10 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
The three boys will travel to Germany later this week for their first world cup kitesurf competition.