Blooming marvellous fund raising at Otterton
Visitors flocked to view the 12 Otterton gardens which threw open their gates to the public to raise cash for the village church and Hospiscare
Two local causes are each more than �2,000 better off, thanks to the generosity of residents in Otterton.
Budleigh Salterton and District Hospiscare and Otterton church have benefited from a share of �4,600, thanks to 12 gardens in the village opening their gates to visitors.
Bruce Kennard-Simpson, of Dukes Close, who organised the event with his wife, June, said the interest had been ‘phenomenal’.
He said the traffic through the village with visitors keen to view the gardens was ‘solid’ and backed up to Brick Cross.
You may also want to watch:
The pair, encouraged by their maiden efforts organising the open gardens, said they were already looking ahead to next year’s event.
Mr Kennard-Simpson said: “Once we get over this year, my wife and I will do it again next year, with even more additions.”
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth