Blooming marvellous Budleigh
A blooming marvellous effort was made by more than 60 entrants taking part in this year’s Budleigh in Bloom garden competition.
The competitors – residents and businesses – spent months cultivating their gardens – large and small – hanging baskets, patios, pots and containers to take part in the annual competition.
Yvonne Gilbert, Budleigh in Bloom treasurer and organiser of the competition, said: “They go to a lot of trouble before the judging. We love doing it.”
The winners of the competition will be presented with certificates and cups in September.
Results: Business - 1 Premier Caf�, 2 Tea and Tittle Tattle, 3 Delytes Delicatessen.
You may also want to watch:
Pubs - 1 Salterton Arms, 2 Dog and Donkey, 3 The Feathers Hotel.
Allotments - 1 Mrs Pollard, 2 Alan Weeks, 3 Bob Wiltshire.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Sound move to join singing group
- 6 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
Bed and breakfast - 1 Bay Cottage, 2 The Pebbles.
Medium garden -1 Mrs K Allabaster, 2 Mrs V Short, 3 Mrs J Marks.
Hanging baskets - 1 Mr DH Bridle 2 N Smallridge, 3 The Norman Family Trust.
Community garden - 1 Fairlynch Museum, 2 Budleigh library, 3 Budleigh Salterton Medical Centre.
Plant person of the year - Roy Morris.
Large-medium garden - 1 D and R Carmichael, 2 Mr B Stace ,3 Mrs A Maddaford.
Patio garden - 1 Audrey Walker, 2 Faith Nex, 3 G Boswell.
Vegetable garden - 1 Mrs A Maddaford, 2 Mr H Vanstone, 3 Mrs S Lewis.