Block junctions, face a fine - police warn
Exmouth police will fine drivers who leave their vehicles parked too close to junctions. Officers said the action has been implemented following a rise in reports.
Littleham’s police team are gearing up to fine drivers or remove vehicles if cars have been parked too close to junctions.
Exmouth police say the action has been sparked after a number or reports have been received regarding parking in the Avenues.
PC Sallyanne Southern said: “The main issue seems to be vehicles being parked too close to junctions and obstructing the view of vehicles both exiting and entering these roads.
“Local policing teams will be monitoring this situation and where this has been contravened then appropriate action will be taken which could result in a fine or removal of the vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
The police said it was an offence to park opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 6 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 7 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 8 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 9 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 10 Look to the future to find the key to motivation