Block junctions, face a fine - police warn
Exmouth police will fine drivers who leave their vehicles parked too close to junctions. Officers said the action has been implemented following a rise in reports.
Littleham’s police team are gearing up to fine drivers or remove vehicles if cars have been parked too close to junctions.
Exmouth police say the action has been sparked after a number or reports have been received regarding parking in the Avenues.
PC Sallyanne Southern said: “The main issue seems to be vehicles being parked too close to junctions and obstructing the view of vehicles both exiting and entering these roads.
“Local policing teams will be monitoring this situation and where this has been contravened then appropriate action will be taken which could result in a fine or removal of the vehicle.”
The police said it was an offence to park opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space.
- 1 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 2 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 3 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 4 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 5 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 6 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate