PUBLISHED: 07:00 16 May 2014
The small item on hi-tech bins for Budleigh caught my eye. I would appreciate answers to the following questions.
– How much do these bins cost for purchase and installation?
– What is their source of power?
– Have they been trialled anywhere else?
– If rubbish is in situ for longer, what prevents smells?
– What happens to rubbish that does not fit in bins, eg broken beach chairs?
– Are all bins to be replaced or will workers bypass the hi-tech bins until notified?
– Will there be any job losses?
– If everything is crushed, what is the potential for recycling?
– In times of austerity, can this be justified?
– What about extra bins in peak seasons?