Bin man hurt in collision
An Exmouth binman doing his rounds was rushed to hospital last Thursday morning following a collision with a car in Brixington.
Stuart Grant, 27, who works for district council contractor SITA UK, suffered a broken leg following the accident, at around 7.45am, near the junction of Valley Way and Dinan Way.
He was rushed to Wonford for immediate surgery on a broken thigh - he is now recovering at home with his family.
Police have confirmed that the incident was not hit and run, and the driver stayed at the scene for police enquiries.
A spokesman for SITA UK said: “Stuart is a valuable employee and has been with us for two and a half years.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone at SITA is thinking of him and we wish him a full and speedy recovery.”
- 1 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 5 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 6 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels