Big thank you to all our volunteers
I would like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to all the dedicated volunteers who support the children s cancer charity CLIC Sargent. In Devon alone, we have more than 160 volunteers, who offer their spare time to help children and you
I would like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to all the dedicated volunteers who support the children's cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
In Devon alone, we have more than 160 volunteers, who offer their spare time to help children and young people with cancer and their families.
Our supporters range in age from 16 to 92 years and lend a hand in a variety of ways, from being part of a local fundraising group to helping out in our CLIC Sargent shops in Barnstaple, Tiverton, Exeter, Exmouth, and Newton Abbot.
Whether they are able to offer the occasional hour or several days, by giving up their time, they are helping to make a real difference to families whose lives have been turned upside down by childhood cancer.
You may also want to watch:
CLIC Sargent is the only charity offering them care and support, every step of the way.
Children from Devon benefit from our local nurses and social workers, as well as grants, holidays, play specialists and free Homes from Home based at various children's hospitals.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 5 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 8 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
- 9 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 10 Ban and fine for speeding
If you've got a couple of hours to spare and you would like to make them count, why not join as a volunteer, and you can play a vital part in helping us? If you would like to find out more please visit www.clicsargent.org.uk/volunteering
Thank you to everybody who has given up their time to support us this year - your help is much appreciated.
CLIC Sargent Community Fundraising Manager.