Big party plans
ORGANISERS of Exmouth s Christmas Cracker 09 weekend have revealed their plans for the occasion.
ORGANISERS of Exmouth's "Christmas Cracker 09" weekend have revealed their plans for the occasion.
The party starts on Friday, December 4, with the traditional Christmas tree switch on and fireworks, with a host of entertainment that will fill the streets; creating an even bigger and better event than last year, finishing with a special Cracker party in The Clipper.
Sign up for the Santa Fun Run on Saturday, December 5, at 3pm, along Exeter Road and into The Magnolia Centre or go along and cheer the Santas on! The evening sees a special music showcase at the famous old barrel.
Exmouth's annual Great Big Christmas Sing and after-show party, at The Pavilion Theatre, on Sunday, December 6, hope to raise thousands for some of the poorest communities across the world.
You may also want to watch:
Said town centre manager Tony Collins:?"Working closely with the Exmouth Festival, Christian Aid and the Town Management Partnership, Exmouth will have its best launch to the festive season ever, bringing the town to life with a Christmas carnival feel.
Invitations have already been sent to all of Exmouth's primary schools inviting them to take part in a fantastic parade of carols from the Magnolia Centre to The Strand for the countdown and fireworks display, and to also contribute a song for The Great Big Christmas Sing.
- 1 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 2 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 3 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 4 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 5 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 8 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 9 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 10 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
This year the number of market stalls available has been increased to 30 and again they are open to local organisations and businesses to take up. For more information on taking a stall, or to book one, contact Exmouth Town Council on (01395) 276167 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
"As with all Exmouth Festival events, music and arts will be at the forefront of the celebrations - watch this space over the coming weeks as we reveal what will be happening on the night," added Tony.
It's great to see Exmouth not only celebrating Christmas as a community, but reaching out to the wider world too. Over recent years, Exmouth has raised more than �10,000 for projects bringing vital water, food, education and medical care to those crippled by poverty.