Bicton student wins £1,500 scholarship
- Credit: Archant
A Bicton College student has won a scholarship that will allow him to continue in his pursuit of a career in production horticulture.
James Jones, 18, has won a £1,500 South West Growers Show-sponsored scholarship from the David Colegrave Foundation (DCF).
James is studying for Level 2 Diploma in Production Horticulture at Bicton College near Budleigh Salterton.
He said: “I can’t express how useful this will be to me to develop my skills as a horticulturalist and allow me to get various bits of kit that are very much needed.
“I can also now start researching into getting my spraying certificate, which is excellent news.”
You may also want to watch:
The money will also allow James to visit many National Trust gardens and estate gardens open to the public to widen his plant knowledge and see shrubs and trees in mature form.
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 3 County’s major arts event exceeds expectations in first few days
- 4 East Devon elects new councillor in the Exe Valley
- 5 Probus club members resume 2021 meetings
- 6 Yachtsman provides a valuable learning service for watch team
- 7 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 8 Season coming to a close at Madeira Bowls
- 9 Charity football match for Budleigh Veterans
- 10 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles