Bermuda’s a far cry from home for Roger, but he’ll champion Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth’s town crier is gearing up for a trip to the Caribbean, where he will represent the town on the world stage.
Roger Bourgein will be flying out to Bermuda on Tuesday (April 18) to take part in the International Town crier’s Competition over five days.
The trip has been made possible thanks to donations from Exmouth residents and businesses helping him to reach his £1,500 target.
Roger said: “I have the best job in the world, in the best town in the world, and that’s the message I shall loudly proclaim across the seas from Bermuda.
“Listen carefully for you will hear me.”
You may also want to watch:
Roger will be presenting a plaque from Exmouth Town Council to Bermuda’s mayor. He will also hand over a letter from Exmouth mayor Councillor Brian Cole.
Steve Gazzard, chairman of the fundraising committee for Roger’s trip, said: “On behalf of the committee and with the help of the wonderful people of Exmouth and local businesses, we have achieved our target and aim and we are delighted to hand over to Roger his flight tickets.
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
“Everyone we have spoken to is 100 per cent behind our fantastic ambassador for Exmouth and wish him every success and we are sure he will spread the word about our beautiful town of Exmouth.
“The committee would also like to thank Bay FM for all its help.”