Beautiful Days at Escot
Thousands of people are expected to flock to Escot Park, near Ottery St Mary, throughout the weekend now the 2011 Beautiful Days festival has begun.
Such is the popularity of the annual family festival, tickets for the four-day event sold out weeks ago.
The gates opened on Thursday for early-bird campers to set up their tents, while the festival’s live music acts kicked off from 2pm on Friday.
With main headline acts including Carter USM, Big Audio Dynamite, Gogol Bordello and Levellers, and other acts including Tim Minchin, Flogging Molly, Afro Celt Sound System, Pop Will Eat Itself, I Am Kloot, The Low Anthem, Oysterband, Stereo MCs, Teddy Thompson, Eddi Reader, System 7, The Beat and Kissy Sell Out, festival-goers have plenty to keep them entertained.
The dry weather is expected to hold throughout the weekend until Sunday, when rain is forecast.
You may also want to watch:
• Going to the festival? Share your photos with us by emailing email@example.com or post them on our Facebook page by searching for Exmouth Journal (Archant Exmouth)
For more information about the Beautiful Days festival, visit www.beautifuldays.org
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence