Beacon views obliterated
I read with interest the item Money lined up for Strand in a recent issue of the Exmouth Journal. It is encouraging to see that so much money and enthusiasm is being given to the Strand s refurbishment by Devon County Council.
I read with interest the item "Money lined up for Strand" in a recent issue of the Exmouth Journal.
It is encouraging to see that so much money and enthusiasm is being given to the Strand's refurbishment by Devon County Council.
This scheme is backed by East Devon District Council's executive board.
I do echo, however, the views of Exmouth's Town Mayor, Mr Darryl Nicholas, in his plea that other town issues are not ignored.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth can boast excellent estuary and coastal views and floral displays, but my concern, and that of others in the town, is the neglect of the greenery in front of the Beacon houses.
Perhaps from a selfish point of view, our once almost uninterrupted sea view is now obliterated, but I feel sure that locals and holidaymakers would benefit from seeing the outstanding architectural beauty of The Beacon from the seafront.
- 1 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 2 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 3 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 4 Christine Channon retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Exmouth Harriers take to the roads again
- 6 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 7 Plea for help to outfit Budleigh’s new community workshop
- 8 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café
- 9 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 10 WBW Solicitors sponsoring best start up business award
Mrs P French,