Beacon views obliterated
I read with interest the item Money lined up for Strand in a recent issue of the Exmouth Journal. It is encouraging to see that so much money and enthusiasm is being given to the Strand s refurbishment by Devon County Council.
I read with interest the item "Money lined up for Strand" in a recent issue of the Exmouth Journal.
It is encouraging to see that so much money and enthusiasm is being given to the Strand's refurbishment by Devon County Council.
This scheme is backed by East Devon District Council's executive board.
I do echo, however, the views of Exmouth's Town Mayor, Mr Darryl Nicholas, in his plea that other town issues are not ignored.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth can boast excellent estuary and coastal views and floral displays, but my concern, and that of others in the town, is the neglect of the greenery in front of the Beacon houses.
Perhaps from a selfish point of view, our once almost uninterrupted sea view is now obliterated, but I feel sure that locals and holidaymakers would benefit from seeing the outstanding architectural beauty of The Beacon from the seafront.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Darcey makes ballerina's day
- 3 Tough day at the office for the Withies
- 4 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 5 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 6 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 9 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
Mrs P French,