Beacon views obliterated
I read with interest the item Money lined up for Strand in a recent issue of the Exmouth Journal. It is encouraging to see that so much money and enthusiasm is being given to the Strand s refurbishment by Devon County Council.
I read with interest the item "Money lined up for Strand" in a recent issue of the Exmouth Journal.
It is encouraging to see that so much money and enthusiasm is being given to the Strand's refurbishment by Devon County Council.
This scheme is backed by East Devon District Council's executive board.
I do echo, however, the views of Exmouth's Town Mayor, Mr Darryl Nicholas, in his plea that other town issues are not ignored.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth can boast excellent estuary and coastal views and floral displays, but my concern, and that of others in the town, is the neglect of the greenery in front of the Beacon houses.
Perhaps from a selfish point of view, our once almost uninterrupted sea view is now obliterated, but I feel sure that locals and holidaymakers would benefit from seeing the outstanding architectural beauty of The Beacon from the seafront.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 4 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
Mrs P French,