B&Q confirms Exmouth store closure date
- Credit: Archant
The Exmouth branch of B&Q will close its doors on Saturday, November 7, the DIY chain has confirmed.
The planned closure of the store, at Liverton Business Park, was initially announced in April, with a date of 2016, which was then updated to November this year.
At the time, company bosses said they hoped to minimise redundancies by redeploying employees within B&Q and parent company Kingfisher, but a spokesman this week said they were unable to say how many employees would be redeployed, and how many would be let go, as the work force were still being consulted.
B&Q also recently announced the impending closure of its store at Alphington Road, Exeter.
The company had announced in March it would be closing 60 UK stores during the next two years.
B&Q’s Exmouth store has been trading for more than 20 years.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 3 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 4 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 East Devon care group win award for care assistant training
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 East Budleigh upset the form team
- 8 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 9 Exmouth museum closes for winter after a successful year
- 10 Exmouth humbled in the wind and rain at Millbrook