Awards nod for care home workers
Two memebrs of staff from an Exmouth care home are celebrating after being shortlisted for regional awards.
Wendy Marsh and Julie Parker, of Brandon House, have been named as finalists in the Great South West Care Awards – Wendy for the Care Home Registered Manager Award, and Julie for the Ancillary Worker Award.
They will find out if they’ve won at the presentation in Bristol on November 4, hosted by Keith Chegwin.
They are hoping to repeat the success of last year, when one Brandon House staff member won an award outright, and another was a runner up.
Wendy says she did not originally plan to enter the awards, but was nominated by one of the home’s residents, after which she decided to nominate Julie.
Wendy said: “One of the residents said, I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve put your name forward, because I know you won’t put yourself forward. We do work really hard here making the home a quality place to live, so it’s nice to have that recognised. It’s quite an achievement to have got as far as we have.
“If we win, it’s going to be even better, but we’re up against some tough opposition.”
- 1 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 3 Exmouth singer Ruby 'has world class talent'
- 4 Littleham group's success after £5k council grant
- 5 Exmouth firefighters save cow from ditch
- 6 Wing walking Exmouth nurse has fundraiser postponed
- 7 Review: 'Time of my life' at Blackmore Theatre
- 8 Exmouth Town enjoy winning start to life in Southern League
- 9 German twinners have 'sehr gut' trip to Exmouth
- 10 Four live music acts to perform at garden party
If Wendy or Julie do win in the awards, they will go forward to the national competition, which is due to be held in London next May.