Awards nod for care home workers
Two memebrs of staff from an Exmouth care home are celebrating after being shortlisted for regional awards.
Wendy Marsh and Julie Parker, of Brandon House, have been named as finalists in the Great South West Care Awards – Wendy for the Care Home Registered Manager Award, and Julie for the Ancillary Worker Award.
They will find out if they’ve won at the presentation in Bristol on November 4, hosted by Keith Chegwin.
They are hoping to repeat the success of last year, when one Brandon House staff member won an award outright, and another was a runner up.
Wendy says she did not originally plan to enter the awards, but was nominated by one of the home’s residents, after which she decided to nominate Julie.
You may also want to watch:
Wendy said: “One of the residents said, I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve put your name forward, because I know you won’t put yourself forward. We do work really hard here making the home a quality place to live, so it’s nice to have that recognised. It’s quite an achievement to have got as far as we have.
“If we win, it’s going to be even better, but we’re up against some tough opposition.”
- 1 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 5 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 6 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
If Wendy or Julie do win in the awards, they will go forward to the national competition, which is due to be held in London next May.