Award is ‘icing on the cake’ for Exmouth business pair
- Credit: Archant
An enterprising Exmouth duo have described their victory in a regional award as the ‘icing on the cake’ for all their hard work in business.
Darren and Jane England, of Eat with Englands, were nominated for best wedding caterer at the South West Wedding Awards at Liskeard Town Hall.
The awards recognise businesses in Devon and Cornwall, which exceed expectations for their customers, provide outstanding service and inspire their clients to actively promote them.
The award-winning husband and wife team built their path to victory all while accommodating the birth of their second child.
Jane, 39, of Green Close, said: “The award is the icing on the cake for all our hard work. We set up in the business in 2007. Darren was a wedding catering manager and I was a civil servant working in the job centre. We both were unhappy in our jobs.
You may also want to watch:
“After Darren’s triple heart bypass surgery, we both were thinking about the future. I don’t know what is next for us. We have two baby girls, so we are thinking about them and from next year we will look at expanding the business.
“We have entered the awards for the past three years and finished as runners-up for the last two years, so it meant everything to us to win. We have a team of staff, but it is Darren and I who put the effort in.”
- 1 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 2 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 3 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 4 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 5 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 6 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 7 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 8 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 9 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 10 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
The businesswoman said the secret to their success was going the extra mile for customers.
For more information about Eat with Englands, visit www.eatwithenglands.co.uk.