Authors gearing up for Budleigh’s literary festival
Authors heading to next month’s Budleigh Salterton’s literary festival have spoken of their enthusiasm for the event.
Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival chairman Bill McDermott said the town was on the map thanks to its festival reputation.
He said: “It is very satisfying for Budleigh, as a weekend destination, that so many writers are looking forward to our festival with such keen anticipation.
“They tell us that they are delighted to be coming - and we are certainly delighted that they will be with us for those three days in September.
“Budleigh Salterton is certainly becoming the place of choice for festivals, with the success of the recent music festival, that art exhibition in August and the literary festival in September.
You may also want to watch:
“We are increasingly confident that we shall be able to offer people in East Devon and further afield a truly splendid and memorable literary festival.”
The festival organisers said excitement was ‘mounting fast’ as the top-flight authors expressed their anticipation of the event.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
Double award-winning author A.L. Kennedy has spoken of her ‘joy and enthusiasm’ at being invited to Budleigh, while praising the “atmosphere and enthusiasm” of the smaller literary festivals.
Jane Fearnley-Whittingstall, author of The Good Granny Guide who will be talking about her book In my Granny’s Kitchen, said: “I’ve always loved the English seaside “Now my son and his family live not far from Budleigh so that part of the world is getting to feel like home.”
• Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival runs from September 16-18. For more information, visit: www.budlitfest.org.uk