Auditions for Separate Tables at the Blackmore Theatre, Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
A pair of one-act plays set three months apart in a Bournemouth hotel in the 1950s
Open auditions for Terence Rattigan’s Separate Tables take place at the Blackmore Theatre on Wednesday, February 27 at 8pm.
The auditions are open to everyone, regardless of age or acting experience, including non-members of the Exmouth Players.
The pair of one-act plays, Table by the Window and Table Number Seven, is set at the Hotel Beauregard in Bournemouth, 10 years after the end of the Second World War.
A number of people have come to live there for various reasons, and their secrets, triumphs and disappointments provide a distraction from the daily routines of meals in the dining room and conversations in the lounge. The events in the two plays are separated by a three-month period.
You may also want to watch:
Both stories explore human nature and the way in which some relationships are built, destroyed, rekindled and re-evaluated.
Please contact us at email@example.com to register your interest in this read-through, leaving your name and contact details. Visit blackmoretheatre.co.uk for further information.
- 1 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Devon Start Up programme for social entrepreneurs
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces