Appeal to help police trace 'irreplaceable' stolen Exmouth jewellery
PUBLISHED: 06:30 01 April 2016
Sentimental family jewellery was among a haul stolen from a home in Exmouth when burglars struck while the occupants were out.
Police investigating the crime are appealing for help and information tracing the culprits and the ‘irreplaceable’ stolen jewellery.
The home, in Barnfield Road, was burgled sometime between 5.30pm and 8.40pm, on Thursday, March 17. Police said entry was gained by forcing a rear door.
Detective Constable Carly Davies, of Exmouth CID, is asking anyone who knows the whereabouts of the stolen jewellery to get in touch. She also wants to hear from anyone who has been offered the items for sale.
Det Con Davies said: “The majority of this jewellery is of great sentimental value to the occupants, who have told police that the items are irreplaceable. The jewellery included items inherited from late relatives and wedding jewellery.”
Police have released descriptions of some of the stolen jewellery. Missing items include:
● 18 ct gold chain bracelet with gold lock and safety chain. This contained the following charms: a Cornish pixie, shamrock, 21st birthday key, vintage car, jug, train engine, cow bell, sovereign, half sovereign, boot, horseshoe, candlestick and telephone.
● Gent’s Rolex ‘Datejust Perpertual’ watch. Stainless steel and oyster with stainless steel bracelet.
● Man’s J W Benson gold watch. Square with round face. Was a presentation for 25 years’ good service in employment. Inscribed with something similar to ‘PRESENTED TO H W LADBURY BY THE DIRECTORS FOR 25 YEARS GOOD SERVICE – 1962’.
● 18 ct gold wedding band approx 3/8 of an inch wide – inscribed inside the band with ‘JANE & KEITH’.
● Gold signet ring (possibly 9 ct). Band widened up to a square section with initials ‘KFL’ engraved on it, the inside of the band has ‘JANE TO KEITH WITH LOVE’.
● Set of dark gold cufflinks – probably 80 plus years old. Rectangular shape engraved with the letters ‘HWL’ on one link and the other link was engine turned.
● Ladies’ zodiac gold watch and bracelet. Face is ¾ of an inch diameter, bracelet about ½ inch wide with safety fastening.
● Ladies’ gold Accurist watch – small in size – approx ½ inch with bracelet. Has narrow diamond cut links and safety fastening.
● Ladies’ Tag Heur Aquaracer stainless steel watch.
Detectives are also investigating a second burglary where men’s scent was stolen overnight from a home in Salterton Road, between Thursday, March 17 and the following morning.
Police said entry was gained by smashing the glass in a rear door.
A brand new 100ml bottle of Hugo Boss The Scent Eau de Toilette Spray for Men in the box was stolen.
If you have information about either incident, call police on 101 with the crime number. Reference CR/017371/16 relates to jewellery; CR/017523/16 for the men’s scent.