Hearing to take place in Knowle over Lily farm planning appeal
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A hearing will take place on Wednesday (September 13) on the planning appeal by the owoners of Lily farm Vineyard, Budleigh Salterton.
The future of a controversial planning application to build managers’ accommodation on land in Budleigh Salterton is set to be decided.
An ‘informal’ hearing has been set to hear arguments for and against an application to extend Lily farm Vineyard, in Dalditch Lane, and to build separate managers’ accommodation on site.
The hearing will take place at Knowle Village Hall on Wednesday (September 13) from 10am.
After East Devon District Council’s development management committee voted to reject the application and Budleigh Salterton Town Council opposed the application.
You may also want to watch:
Business owners Alan and Faye Pratt were disappointed when the proposal to improve facilities was rejected.
Faye said: “We believe our vineyard makes a positive contribution to the area and we now need to live on the site to sustain and grow the business”.
- 1 Dog walkers urged to follow Four Paws Code
- 2 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 3 Mayor’s ‘life in lockdown’ art competition launched
- 4 'I strongly believe there is an argument for opening restaurants now'
- 5 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
- 6 High tech skills training at former Flybe centre shows how Devon is preparing for life after the pandemic
- 7 D-day looms for Beautiful Days festival
- 8 Plans for 300 new homes in Exmouth agreed despite concerns over lack of affordable housing
- 9 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 10 Prada Cup disappointment for Exmouth sailor