Appeal for charity volunteers
A CHARITY is calling on volunteers to help with the UK’s biggest ever appeal for stock that in Exmouth alone last year was worth �13,400
This August, the British Heart Foundation (BHF) is encouraging people to be part of The Big Donation.
The nation’s heart charity is looking for volunteers which they hope will bring in 400,000 bags of stock – the equivalent of �8 million.
They want volunteers from August through to October to support their 650 shops including the Exmouth store in the Magnolia Centre.
Each Shop needs 115 hours of time every week from its volunteers who donate the equivalent of more than �36 million in time.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, 670 bags of stock worth �13,400 was collected in Exmouth and they need help handing out donation bags, helping in shops or liaising with clubs and businesses to organise events.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall