Anti social behaviour in Topsham falls
THE LEVEL of anti social behaviour in Topsham and Countess Wear is the second lowest out of all Exeter neighbourhoods. Police figures have revealed Topsham is placed 14th in a list of 16 areas in and immediately around Exeter. There were 315 reports of an
THE LEVEL of anti social behaviour in Topsham and Countess Wear is the second lowest out of all Exeter neighbourhoods.
Police figures have revealed Topsham is placed 14th in a list of 16 areas in and immediately around Exeter. There were 315 reports of anti-social behaviour last year - a 12.5 per cent drop on 2008.
The figures showed Exeter city centre was the worst affected with 1385 cases last year. Duryard and Pennsylvannia was least affected with only 223 reports.
As reported in the Journal last month, police figures showed the overall level of crime in Topsham and Countess Wear had decreased.
You may also want to watch:
The average number of crimes in the area, recording incidents for last September, October and November, dropped by nearly five per cent compared to the same three month period in 2008.
Devon and Cornwall police figures, calculated quarterly, revealed there was a total of 83 crimes for the months - compared with 98 for June, July and August.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 7 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
- 8 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 9 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year
- 10 Dickens classic on course for Pavilion show this winter
In terms of the type of incidents, the average number of burglaries, vehicle crimes and violence, have all decreased compared with the same period last year.
The level of robberies, however, has increased.