Annual Walk or Ride raises more than £4,000
- Credit: Archant
Almost 200 walkers and cyclists have raised more than £4,300 for good causes and charities.
The Rotary Club of Exmouth and District’s 13th The Walk or Ride was held on April 26 and now the final fundraising totals have been totted up.
At least £3,000 was raised by participants who sponsored local charities, including Force, Hospiscare, Vranch House, Exmouth Beach Rescue, Exeter Leukaemia Fund, Prostate Cancer, Homestart Exeter and East Devon and the Dec Nepal Appeal.
Donations on the day raised over £1,300 for the Rotary Club of Exmouth and District.
The event, sponsored by Gilbert Stephens Solicitors of Budleigh Salterton, Stuart Line Cruises and Vibrant Pulse, incorporated a variety of different walks or cycle rides in and around Bicton College and Woodbury Common.
You may also want to watch:
The president elect of the Rotary Club and chair of the walk or ride committee, John Thorogood, said: “This is a fantastic outcome and we are very grateful to all those who made a terrific effort to raise funds for their favourite charity or good cause.
“Special thanks must go to our sponsors and others involved in the walk or ride - Bay FM, Hands on Health, Bikelands, Bicton College, Clinton Estates and the Otterton Mill Café, not forgetting, of course, the wonderful volunteers from the Rotary Club of Exmouth and District and the Inner Wheel, who together contributed greatly to make this year’s event another amazing success.
- 1 Mayor’s ‘life in lockdown’ art competition launched
- 2 What's the most common question for a house auctioneer?
- 3 Dog walkers urged to follow Four Paws Code
- 4 High tech skills training at former Flybe centre shows how Devon is preparing for life after the pandemic
- 5 D-day looms for Beautiful Days festival
- 6 Trainer recommends 15 minute home workout during lockdown
- 7 Plans for 300 new homes in Exmouth agreed despite concerns over lack of affordable housing
- 8 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 9 Acclaimed vaccination centre continues to inoculate thousands a day in fight against Covid-19
- 10 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
“We look forward to 2016.”