Anne marks nearly 40 years at EDDC
District council worker Anne Lowe, from Budleigh Salterton, had her hard work and dedication recognised by chairman Graham Liverton, when a party was held in her honour to mark her retirement after nearly 40 years.
A Budleigh Salterton woman who has twice put the needs of others before herself had her dedication rewarded by the district council.
Anne Lowe, from Green Haven, had a party held in her honour by East Devon District Council (EDDC) when she retired after almost 40 years as a council warden.
The district council said selfless Anne had been employed by the district council for 39 years and eight months and had twice put off retirement.
A spokesman for the district council said: “Anne joined EDDC as a Warden at Green Haven and has lived there ever since.
You may also want to watch:
“All Anne’s colleagues say that she is an absolute pleasure to work with.
“Her honesty and ability to say it exactly how it is has been very much appreciated over the years.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 9 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
“She will be sadly missed and her friends at EDDC hope she keeps in touch.”
Anne’s hard work and dedication to public was celebrated with a buffet party, organised by EDDC chairman Graham Liverton.
Newly-retired Anne, who was born in Sidmouth and has lived in Devon all her life, said she was unsure how she would fill her spare time. She said holidays to Spain were among her plans, as well as continuing to be a Budleigh Scout leader and keen skittles player.
The district council said: “Anne has put her retirement off twice already although has now decided that she’s ready to leave us.
“Anne is very family orientated and will be looking forward to retiring to spend more time with them.”