Ann Widdecombe to visit Exeter’s Hospiscare
Strictly Come Dancing’s Ann Widdecombe is to visit Exeter’s Hospiscare next week.
The retired MP, who has a home on Dartmoor, is to tour the hospice on Tuesday September 27 in her new role as a Hospiscare ambassador.
Ann, who was in the House of Commons for 23 years, said: “The hospice movement does excellent and vital work and Hospiscare makes a real difference to the lives of thousands of people every year.
“I am delighted to be able to help.”
While visiting the hospice Ann will be shown the facilties offered by the local charity, and meet patients, volunteers and staff.
Hospiscare’s chief executive Glynis Atherton said: ““Some people misunderstand what a hospice is about.
2They do not realise that our role is to help patients to stay as well as possible for as long as possible so that they can make the most of precious time.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 3 Exmouth singer Ruby 'has world class talent'
- 4 Wing walking Exmouth nurse has fundraiser postponed
- 5 Exmouth firefighters save cow from ditch
- 6 Littleham group's success after £5k council grant
- 7 Review: 'Time of my life' at Blackmore Theatre
- 8 Exmouth Town enjoy winning start to life in Southern League
- 9 Four live music acts to perform at garden party
- 10 German twinners have 'sehr gut' trip to Exmouth
“A visit like this is not only a wonderful boost for patients but also gives us the chance to better explain to the wider public what we really do.
“We are enormously grateful to Ann Widdecombe for supporting us in this way.”