Ann Widdecombe to visit Exeter’s Hospiscare
Strictly Come Dancing’s Ann Widdecombe is to visit Exeter’s Hospiscare next week.
The retired MP, who has a home on Dartmoor, is to tour the hospice on Tuesday September 27 in her new role as a Hospiscare ambassador.
Ann, who was in the House of Commons for 23 years, said: “The hospice movement does excellent and vital work and Hospiscare makes a real difference to the lives of thousands of people every year.
“I am delighted to be able to help.”
While visiting the hospice Ann will be shown the facilties offered by the local charity, and meet patients, volunteers and staff.
You may also want to watch:
Hospiscare’s chief executive Glynis Atherton said: ““Some people misunderstand what a hospice is about.
2They do not realise that our role is to help patients to stay as well as possible for as long as possible so that they can make the most of precious time.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
“A visit like this is not only a wonderful boost for patients but also gives us the chance to better explain to the wider public what we really do.
“We are enormously grateful to Ann Widdecombe for supporting us in this way.”