Alley site start-up

PUBLISHED: 14:15 27 November 2008 | UPDATED: 10:06 10 June 2010

BUILDING work will resume on Monday at the Exmouth seafront bowling alley site snuffing out rumours that the project had gone bust. For weeks the site had been inactive and the Exmouth rumour-mill had gone into overdrive sparking fears the project ha

BUILDING work will resume on Monday at the Exmouth seafront bowling alley site - snuffing out rumours that the project had gone bust. For weeks the site had been inactive and the Exmouth rumour-mill had gone into overdrive - sparking fears the project had hit bankrupcy.Developer Mark Quinn, of Harlequinns Leisure, this week said the rumours were false and the reason the build had come to a temporary halt was down to contractor problems.Mr Quinn said the metal and a crane to construct the building's frame would be arriving on Monday.The developer said it was hoped the bowling alley would be up and running by summer 2009 at the latest.He said the building would be opened in phases because it was going to be 'huge'."Rumours are rumours. The situation is that action speaks louder than words and there will be action on Monday," said Mr Quinn."For the last few months we have had a hard time with the contractors and we have now employed new building contractors."They are arriving with the first lorry load of steel on Monday. The steel work will be 70 per cent finished by the time they stop for their Christmas break and by the second week in January the steel work will be complete."The entertainment complex will feature a winter ice rink to ensure buiness is spread throughout the year. Open 9am to 11pm Monday to Wednesday, the facility will also open until midnight Thursday to Saturday.The 80-metre long building will house bowling lanes, a cafe and a play area on the ground floor, with a restaurant and play area on the first floor and a terrace cafe on the second floor.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists