All I wanted was a few minutes
WITH?reference to your article last week regarding my experience at Exmouth Hospital – Don t forget to book your time . The health authority says people would need to be referred from a GP or the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital to see a physiotherapist.
WITH?reference to your article last week regarding my experience at Exmouth Hospital - "Don't forget to book your time".
The health authority says people would need to be referred from a GP or the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital to see a physiotherapist. What they failed to tell your paper was that I had done all that. I have been going to a physiotherapist at Budleigh hospital.
I was just seeking help after doing my exercise - my hand had become swollen and looked twisted. I did realise I would experience some pain.
I was very near Exmouth Hospital so I went in just to ask if the reaction was normal after doing exercise. How long would it have taken to say that I was OK? But, no, the staff member had no time.
You may also want to watch:
When I went back to Budleigh Hospital, they assured me I was OK and my hand would become swollen during my exercises. That was what I wanted to know.
So what happened to the great pride at Exmouth Hospital? To be fair, it was one lady with whom I had a problem.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 5 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 6 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
I still think it's all about good customer care skills; sound happy with a smile and the patient will go away happy. Everyone should be encouraged to visit hospital if you have got worries.
Ronald A McCartney,
20 Jocelyn Road,