All I wanted was a few minutes
WITH?reference to your article last week regarding my experience at Exmouth Hospital – Don t forget to book your time . The health authority says people would need to be referred from a GP or the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital to see a physiotherapist.
WITH?reference to your article last week regarding my experience at Exmouth Hospital - "Don't forget to book your time".
The health authority says people would need to be referred from a GP or the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital to see a physiotherapist. What they failed to tell your paper was that I had done all that. I have been going to a physiotherapist at Budleigh hospital.
I was just seeking help after doing my exercise - my hand had become swollen and looked twisted. I did realise I would experience some pain.
I was very near Exmouth Hospital so I went in just to ask if the reaction was normal after doing exercise. How long would it have taken to say that I was OK? But, no, the staff member had no time.
You may also want to watch:
When I went back to Budleigh Hospital, they assured me I was OK and my hand would become swollen during my exercises. That was what I wanted to know.
So what happened to the great pride at Exmouth Hospital? To be fair, it was one lady with whom I had a problem.
- 1 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 2 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 3 Exmouth social group Friends UK set to resume meet ups
- 4 Candidates ready for elections in Exmouth and Budleigh Coastal ward
- 5 Promising signs for Town’s young footballers
- 6 Sand movement forces change of launch location for Exmouth lifeboat
- 7 Mixed views on future development in East Devon
- 8 Exmouth’s final goodbye to ‘RNLI stalwart’ Tim Mock
- 9 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 10 Brixington Blues keep marching on
I still think it's all about good customer care skills; sound happy with a smile and the patient will go away happy. Everyone should be encouraged to visit hospital if you have got worries.
Ronald A McCartney,
20 Jocelyn Road,