All hands to the pump in ‘blooming’ Budleigh
It is all hands to the pump for the Budleigh in Bloom volunteers dedicated to keeping the town’s floral displays watered during the continuing dry spell.
The in-bloom committee has an anxious wait until next month to find out if the town has been successful in its floral entries, but the group is refusing to wilt under the pressure.
To while away the time until the winners are announced on September 15, the Budleigh in Bloom members are being kept busy with the daily watering of the scores of floral displays throughout the town.
Budleigh in Bloom chairman, Pat Prew, said the group was watering ‘constantly’ to preserve the displays against the heat.
She said: “It’s a lot of hard work at the moment, with the weather.
You may also want to watch:
“It does mean we have to all get our hands in and get them wet.
“We are on duty everyday and are desperate for rain just to give us a little bit of a break. Otherwise, everything does seem to be going along well and is looking quite splendid.”
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 5 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police