All change at the town council
A NEW mayor and deputy mayor were selected on Monday - and with it also came some changes to the town council s committees.
A NEW mayor and deputy mayor were selected on Monday - and with it also came some changes to the town council's committees.
Former Deputy Mayor and East Devon District Council's Community Champion Cllr Darryl Nicholas was confirmed as the new mayor taking over from Cllr Joy Whipps who had served for two years.
The appointment makes Darryl the youngest Mayor in Exmouth's Town Council's 11-year history.
And if you also include the former Exmouth Urban District Council, which was dissolved in the early 1970s during the local Government reorganisation, it also makes Darryl the youngest chairman of the council ever.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Sandy Sutton, formerly the Chairman of the Finance Committee, was selected as Deputy Mayor.
Former mayor Cllr Whipps takes over as the new chairman of the Finance Committee, with Cllr Vivian Duval Steer retaining her post as the committee's deputy chairman.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 4 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 5 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 6 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 7 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
- 10 Exmouth man get Royal recognition for services to marines charity
The ruling Conservative-group's leader, Lynne Elson, remains the planning chairman with Cllr Richard Turner taking over from Cllr Brian Walker as her deputy.
Cllr Pauline Stott is once again the Chairman of the Regeneration and General Purposes Committee with Cllr Maddie Chapman remaining her deputy.
All appointments are until the next AGM in May 2010.