Alan Cotton to display Transyvania-inspired art
- Credit: Archant
An internationally-renowned artist living in Colaton Raleigh is gearing up to display his latest work.
Alan Cotton travelled to Transylvania two years ago to gather new ideas for his paintings and discovered how a way of life largely unchanged for centuries.
His latest work, inspired by the wild flower meadows and hayricks he found, will be on display at his Brockhill Studio, in Colaton Raleigh, on Saturday, December 1, and Sunday, December 2.
For this exhibition, Alan has produced a collection of new Transylvanian paintings together with work from Provence, Venice, Piemonte and Hartland in North Devon.
Alan will be on hand in his studio across the two days to welcome anyone who wants to visit and see his work.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Cotton is best known for accompanying His Royal Highness Prince Charles as a touring artist in Sri Lanka, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji in 2005.
For more information on his pre-Christmas exhibition, go to www.alancotton.co.uk
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year