Adopt a beaver to raise funds for River Otter trial
- Credit: Archant
Devon Wildlife Trust has launched an ‘adopt-a-beaver’ campaign to raise funds for the River Otter Beaver Trial, due to end in 2020.
A virtual beaver adoption campaign has been launched to raise vital funds for a conservation project.
Devon Wildlife Trust is hoping the ‘Adopt-a-Beaver’ campaign will raise cash for its five-year River Otter Beaver Trial.
The project, which is due to run until 2020, aims to gather evidence on the beavers’ impact on the landscape and wildlife, infrastructure and farm businesses in the Otter Valley.
Now people have the chance to ‘virtually’ adopt a beaver and those who do will receive a special pack including a toy beaver wearing a Devon Wildlife Trust t-shirt.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Smith, of the trust, said: “It’s heartening to see the continued enthusiasm for Devon’s beavers, more than two years after DWT first re-introduced beavers back on to the river after their health screening.
“Again this year, dozens of wildlife watchers gathered on the River Otter’s footpaths on summer evenings to spot parent beavers swimming with their new-born kits.”
- 1 Andy and Rachel help High Street adjust to life after lockdown
- 2 Marine’s own trauma inspires community mental health initiative
- 3 International Women’s Day – celebrating Exmouth’s business women
- 4 Exmouth Festival cancelled but'fun and entertainment' planned
- 5 Exmouth author’s book to ‘declutter your mind’
- 6 Exmouth boss turns to a new season
- 7 Residents between 65 and 69 now being invited for Covid-19 vaccine
- 8 Lympstone man writes his memoirs to share life with his grandchildren
- 9 New ideas to add value to East Devon's car parks
- 10 Whether you're a hunter or a gatherer, we all end up not taking our possessions with us
• Beaver gifts are available from www.devonwildlifetrust.org/support-devon-beavers or by calling 01392 279244.