Activity tasters weekend
SCORES of active people from Exmouth descended on the town s leisure complexes to use sports facilities free of charge.
SCORES of active people from Exmouth descended on the town's leisure complexes to use sports facilities free of charge.
People of all ages took part in a number of taster and demonstrations held at Exmouth Swimming and Leisure Centre and the tennis and leisure centre last weekend.
The open days were put together by Leisure East Devon, the trust which manages sports facilities in the district.
David Pagett, the chief executive of LED, said: "We were delighted with the number of new faces we saw in our centres.
You may also want to watch:
"The feedback we've had has certainly indicated that everyone enjoyed themselves and we hope that people of all ages who came along found a fitness activity or sport that they enjoy and would like to continue."
Activities on offer included swimming, tennis, football, martial arts, squash, dance, gym tours and aerobics classes.
- 1 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 4 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 5 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 6 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 7 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 8 Darcey makes ballerina's day
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 10 Tough day at the office for the Withies
Leisure East Devon is a charitable trust that operates leisure centres, parks and the Exmouth Pavilion. It employs more than 300 staff at 13 facilities.