A stitch in time...
Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts has over 160 exhibitors with the latest sewing and creative craft supplies, plus workshops, demonstrations and exciting displays. ‘Afghanistan Inspiration’ will showcase some of the most vibrant embroidery squares created by the women of Afghanistan.
THE brand new, life-sized knitting project ‘Above and Below the Waves’, will be launched at Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts at Exeter Westpoint from September 23-26. Be one of the first to witness this impressive 9x6 metre display with a walk-through knitted tunnel and woolly sea-life!
Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts has over 160 exhibitors with the latest sewing and creative craft supplies, plus workshops, demonstrations and exciting displays. ‘Afghanistan Inspiration’ will showcase some of the most vibrant and stunning embroidery squares created by the women of Afghanistan. Women and girls from Laghmani village were taught to create unique, hand-embroidered squares in this humanitarian project, which were sold to help aid them and their families. Visit www.oneearthtextiles.co.uk/ for more details.
The ‘Undoing of the Corsett’ is this year’s revealing costume display, which follows the fascinating history and changing fashion of underwear from women gaining rights to modern day.
For those who prefer to get involved, there are jewellery making and papercraft demonstrations, Jane Greenoff and the Cross Stitch Guild’s ‘Itch to Stitch’ workshops for cross-stitchers and counted thread enthusiasts, plus quick and easy workshops and talks – all for free.
With expert advice, inspirational displays, innovative supplies and the groundbreaking knitted display, creative craft and stitching enthusiasts are guaranteed a stimulating and enjoyable day out at Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts.
- 1 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 2 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 3 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 4 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 5 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 6 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Show of kindness helps keep people from going hungry this Christmas