A LA Ronde, the place for ‘foodies’
A LA Ronde, the National Trust property is fast becoming a must-visit destination for foodies from Devon and beyond.
A LA Ronde, the National Trust property is fast becoming a must-visit destination for foodies from Devon and beyond. Within the sixteen walls of this unique building, head chef Paul Broom is busy promoting some of the finest food and drink that local companies have to offer.
From chilli jam to lemonade, there’s something for everyone, and Paul is only too happy to provide space on his caf�’s shelves: “The quality of produce from local food and drink companies is extremely high. It’s a pleasure to share them with our visitors, who come to A La Ronde from all over the world.”
Paul’s latest discovery is LittlePod, a Farringdon-based company which sells premium vanilla and chocolate ingredients. Despite having only launched in May last year, LittlePod is already linked with distribution companies in the UK and Europe, and is currently embarking on a campaign to increase awareness of the benefits of using natural vanilla as opposed to vanilla essence.
LittlePod’s founder, Janet Sawyer, believes strongly in the value of local collaboration: “Paul is doing a fantastic job selecting and supporting local produce, and we’re thrilled to see our products on the shelves at A La Ronde. It’s a great way to get our name out there, especially in the run up to The Source exhibition.”
You may also want to watch:
The Source is Taste of the West’s renowned regional food and drink trade show, which will be taking place at Westpoint on Monday the 4th and Tuesday the 5th of April. It’s an opportunity for local companies to demonstrate their products, share ideas and further enhance the South West’s excellent culinary reputation.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon