A few ideas to mull over...
What an opportunity for Budleigh Salterton to step into the modern world. The Longboat being a great start.
What an opportunity for Budleigh Salterton to step into the modern world.
The Longboat being a great start. While at it, why not have a bigger extension and include a disco club and bar.
Replace the old-fashioned Fairlynch with our first skyscraper - wow!
Fill in Fore Street brook and make a three-lane traffic hazard.
Surely, coffee bars and loud music would be preferable to little tea rooms, scones and cream.
The possibilities are endless, hurrah; we would then match all the other concrete and plastic towns around.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 3 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 4 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 5 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 6 Exmouth launderette donating duvet charge to Save the Children
- 7 Aviation industry is key to realising dream of a highly-skilled South West
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Budleigh Lions support town's new community larder
- 10 Exmouth talking newspaper hold first meeting since pandemic
When this was completed, we could build a visitor centre nearby.
Tourists would flock to pay to wander around a replica town, complete with olde worlde buildings and quaint shops.
The pebble beach, out of place in the new up to date area, could be moved to create a fake beach and scenic seafront.
What a tourist attraction.
These are only a few ideas for our councillors to mull over.
After all, local public opinions can easily be swept aside and lost in the boardroom dust.
We know, we have seen it time and time again.
Let us hope not this time.
Mrs V Leyman,
8 Chichester Way, East Budleigh.