A few ideas to mull over...
What an opportunity for Budleigh Salterton to step into the modern world. The Longboat being a great start.
What an opportunity for Budleigh Salterton to step into the modern world.
The Longboat being a great start. While at it, why not have a bigger extension and include a disco club and bar.
Replace the old-fashioned Fairlynch with our first skyscraper - wow!
Fill in Fore Street brook and make a three-lane traffic hazard.
You may also want to watch:
Surely, coffee bars and loud music would be preferable to little tea rooms, scones and cream.
The possibilities are endless, hurrah; we would then match all the other concrete and plastic towns around.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 4 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Budleigh Freemasons support the visually impaired
- 10 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
When this was completed, we could build a visitor centre nearby.
Tourists would flock to pay to wander around a replica town, complete with olde worlde buildings and quaint shops.
The pebble beach, out of place in the new up to date area, could be moved to create a fake beach and scenic seafront.
What a tourist attraction.
These are only a few ideas for our councillors to mull over.
After all, local public opinions can easily be swept aside and lost in the boardroom dust.
We know, we have seen it time and time again.
Let us hope not this time.
Mrs V Leyman,
8 Chichester Way, East Budleigh.