A cushion for hard times
A cushion for these hard times!
Many the hour I have suffered squirming on our Public Hall’s old seats. How unusual and welcome to be offered a cushion against these hard times.
It is rare for any of our elected officers to be able to offer us something so directly related to improving our comfort.
If my tax pounds can cushion better my seat, I thank whoever thought of it. I’m sure that’s money better spent than so much of our tax going to finance items that are a real pain in the seat.
Better seating will encourage better use and return visitors to our Public Hall. Without it, we risk a dead, dusty hall, that’s a financial millstone rather than the vibrant, vital, community centre that today supports so many good local groups.
You may also want to watch:
Yes! Support “a cushion for these hard times”.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
96 Granary Lane,